This Page

has been moved to new address

Could I Have Sued Dr. BadGuy?; Dental Appointment Gone Very Bad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MeloMomma: Could I Have Sued Dr. BadGuy?; Dental Appointment Gone Very Bad

Friday, February 4, 2011

Could I Have Sued Dr. BadGuy?; Dental Appointment Gone Very Bad

Image courtesy of goodhousekeeping.com

I have been MIA all day because I had to take my 4 year old to the dentist. I actually lost sleep over this appointment. Let me tell you why!

It all started two years ago when my son had a cavity. I took him to a pediatric dentist in a near by town. It was the only pediatric dentist near by and I figured since it is a kid's dentist we should be safe. I was really really wrong.

The hygienist called us back into the room where a second hygienist was waiting. She took my son out of my arms and without warning put him in the chair and put the gas on his nose. He was hysterical. Some strange woman took him from his mommy and shoved something up his nose. I attempted to walk over and calm him down but the hygienist scolded me like a dog telling me to stay put in my chair. Then she noticed I was pregnant and told me that I had to leave the room because of the gas. I remember as clear as day. With a mean and angry tone I said to the two ladies, " I did not ask for him to have gas and I am NOT leaving this room!"

I was raging mad and I should have taken my son and walked out. I honestly still do not know what made me stay.

In walks Dr. BadGuy (name has been changed for privacy reasons). My son is still really sad and crying. Dr. BadGuy needed to give the shots to numb him but there was no reason for what happened next. Dr. BadGuy actually yelled in my son's face to be quiet. He used the word shut up! I was so schocked! Then my son screams, "You're hurting me, You're hurting me". I could have cared less what the hygienist was going to say. I waited 5 seconds after the shots were done and I picked him up out of the chair. He needed me and I was going to calm him down. A few glares were exchanged but she kept quiet.

There was minimal small talk between me and the hygienist as we sat in the room waiting for the shots to take effect.

I wanted to cry and scream and leave. Nobody should treat my baby like that. At this point the only reason I stayed is because he was already really numb.

Dr.BadGuy strapped him in this restraint and filled the cavities. He sobbed the whole time and it took every ounce of strength I had to not cry as well.

I left that office in a hurry giving out as many awful looks I could as I made my way up to pay. I was really happy to have my baby in my arms! I held him tight as I paid for the hell we had just been through. The receptionist said, see you in six months and I mumbled back a choice word or two as I left that dental office and Dr.BadGuy for good!

Gabe, my son came home with extremely swollen cheeks that were actually bruised. He looked like he had been beat up. Imagine my sadness seeing my baby look like he just came out of a UFC cage fight. That was pretty poor service and his face was the proof.

Gabe fell asleep on the ride home and I called my mom and sobbed for a good hour over what had happened.

Needless to say, we LOVE our dentist now! They are rock stars! We spent the morning there and there was not even a tear out of Gabe. In fact, on the ride home, he said he wants to go to the dentist everyday.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 5, 2011 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Mel - I am so sorry for that horrible experience. Thankfully you have a wonderful dentist with a great staff now. Those bad experiences can last a lifetime with children. Gabe is so lucky to have a mom like you. Hugs to you all
~d~

 
At February 6, 2011 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dr. BadGuy should not be practicing with children...... : (

Your poor son.....

Glad there is a happy ending to this story!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home