This Page

has been moved to new address

Your The Best Mom I Could Ever Have

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MeloMomma: Your The Best Mom I Could Ever Have

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Your The Best Mom I Could Ever Have

Image courtesy of janeheller.mlblogs.com
I generally share with you my chaotic stories of everyday life, but tonight amongst the busy time of this ABC series, I must share with you the sweetest story!

A few weeks ago I asked my oldest son on a date. I planned on going to Baskin Robbins and getting him anything his little heart desired. I was really excited and even posted on face book how excited I was.

When we woke up, I got showered and ready and he did not want to go. He would rather stay home and play with his Dad. I understood as his dad is busy working all week and when he is free to play Gabe is excited. After all, Mom's don't play Starwars like Dads do.

Although my heart was breaking because I really wanted this one on one time I decided to suck it up and take my toddler out instead. We did not go to ice cream but did a little shopping then to the play place in one of the stores as a fun reward.

I had decided to wait a month or so before I asked Gabe on another date and to my surprise a few nights ago, as I lay him down, he asked me for a Lego date in the morning. Legos are not my thing, but how could I say no? I was very excited and quickly agreed.

My husband likes to wake up before the chickens, so when he does, he brings Gabe into my bed so he is not woken by any noise.

When Gabe woke up he rolled over and said exactly this, "I'm so glad it is morning! I have been waiting to love on you all night!" With that he rolled over and snuggled up. My heart was pounding with joy as I snuggled him tightly. We cuddled for about ten minutes when he says, " Your the best mom I could ever have. Now, are you ready for our Lego date?"

Children can be such stinkers, but when they are sweet... they are really sweet!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 23, 2011 at 11:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

my eyes are watering......

 
At February 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

my favorite, of all your stories!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home