This Page

has been moved to new address

Only Child; As Told By One Of Five Children

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MeloMomma: Only Child; As Told By One Of Five Children

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Only Child; As Told By One Of Five Children

I have the honor this morning of having David Estep from Rednek Ritin' share his point of view on growing up an "only child with siblings". I wondered at first how a Rednek blog and MeloMomma could come together, but I was thrilled when I read this post. David is a really talented writer. He has just launched his blog and there are a few awesome hunting stories posted so far. He has given me the heads up that he has many "parenting" stories. So, I am sure this won't be the last time we see Rednek Ritin' on here.

When I make the statement that I’m an only child it usually elicits a negative response.  Mainly from my siblings, but often from others that know the family.  Before you pass judgment you should know I may not have been an only child in the physical sense, but in my mind I am the only one that matters.  This is not a selfish look at life.  Let me explain.  You see, being the oldest I watched my mother and father toil and care for the other children.  Time they could well have used on other pursuits if it hadn’t been for the others.  Think of the countless hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on rearing five children.  Had the other four not weaseled their way into our happy little family my parents would have been very different people.  You do the math.  How much time and effort go into teaching the boys to hunt and fish?  Educating a girl on the fine art of girl stuff is a daunting task as well.  Parenting the right way takes energy and time beyond comprehension to those without children.

Without the others I could sit around the campfire and tell stories to myself.  Without the others I could drive through the woods alone looking for something to shoot, or blow up.  Without the others life would be a little more boring.  I guess it’s not so bad to not be an only child.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 6, 2011 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a house full of love....... & plenty of siblings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home