This Page

has been moved to new address

The Things You Wish Your Child Did Not Say In Public

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MeloMomma: The Things You Wish Your Child Did Not Say In Public

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Things You Wish Your Child Did Not Say In Public


Image courtey of qwickstep.com
"Hey Mom, look at that funny little funny silly guy" are the exact words out of Gabe's (my 4 year old) mouth. He looked directly at a little person an very loudly said this. Now, it would not have been so bad if the man was not standing less than a foot away. I instantly felt my face turn red! This is a situation that I was not prepared to handle and quite frankly had no clue what to say.

Do I apologize on behalf of my son, act like I didn't hear it, or immediately begin to lecture my son about his misuse of words? I think deep down I wanted to laugh at my son for being so candid but I remained calm and told him that was not a nice thing to say in public. Then we all scurried out the door. FAST! Once in the car, you can be assured, we had a talk about the episode.

It remains a funny story in our house and never fails to put a smile on my face when I think about the innocence of a child.

This was not the first time my loud mouth child has blurted out what is on his mind in a crowd of people. Oh.... the joys of motherhood!

Has something similar ever happened to you?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home