This Page

has been moved to new address

A Baby Story; Before MeloMomma Was Really MeloMomma Part 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MeloMomma: A Baby Story; Before MeloMomma Was Really MeloMomma Part 2

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Baby Story; Before MeloMomma Was Really MeloMomma Part 2

Now that all our friends and family know I am pregnant the reality sets in. I am off to my first doctors appointment. I am a very modest person and sick to my tummy about this appointment. I don't think any woman enjoys this, but I was so anxious about the exam, I was puking. I had been puking off and on for two hours now just because of the exam. I was really going to have to get use to this since I am pushing a baby out of “there”.

Without details, I made it through and I even got to see my little baby in my belly. I had to ask four times where to look and what in the picture was actually the baby, but what can I say... I am a first time mom. When I finally figured out where I was looking my whole body turned warm. I was overjoyed to see this little baby I had wanted for so long. He only looked like a piece or rice at this point, but I was confident he would be just as cute as can be in 9 months.

We headed home to scan the ultra sound picture and email everyone we know. After all, this our first picture of our baby.

A few days later, the cravings set in. I was starting to crave Chinese food nearly every day. Oddly enough, this was also the food my mom craved while pregnant with me. My morning sickness was subsiding, so after I put in a 10 hour day at work, my husband and I went to settle my craving. I ordered my normal

After dinner I was quite tired and had a really full tummy. This little life in my tummy was sucking up all my energy. Cuddled up on the couch with my weeiner dog, Petrii, I fell asleep at 8pm. This was becoming an everyday thing. I was just too tired to keep my eyes open.

Things are going great,so let's fast forward a few months.

I am now far along to determine the sex of the baby. I wanted a great birthday present, so I scheduled a doctors appointment on my birthday to determine the sex of the baby. I could not wait to go to that appointment.

5:30am and I was up and getting ready for work. I was so excited to determine the sex of my baby; I did not even care if I had to work on my birthday.

7:30am and I am sitting at my desk. This day is dragging on and on. I have been here at work for 30 minutes and it feels like 8 hours.

10am and finally some fun! My co workers throw me a really great party!

12pm and I am off work for the rest of the day! Now I just have to wait until 4 pm...

3:45pm and I am driving to the doctors office! My heart is racing and I can not help but to speed just a bit to get there faster.

I arrive and as my husband and I are walking up the stairs to see my doctor, I have baby names racing through my head. I can hardly even walk straight I am so focused on what is about to happen.

I sat there so anxious waiting for the doctor to come in. I listened to the clock ticking for what seemed like hours and finally the doctor came in. She put that ultra sound wand on my tiny belly and I could not wait for the results.

I sat there so quiet and so anxious. She had a weird look on her face. Was she seeing something bad? Is my baby OK?



At February 8, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Blogger jackie said...

are you really going to keep us in suspense until tomorrow....... laughing!

great story writing!

At February 8, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks Jackie! Post 3 is up! I have been so excited to share this story!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home