This Page

has been moved to new address

A Baby Story; Before MeloMomma Was Really MeloMomma Part 9

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MeloMomma: A Baby Story; Before MeloMomma Was Really MeloMomma Part 9

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Baby Story; Before MeloMomma Was Really MeloMomma Part 9


I have been on bed rest now for too long. Bed rest in the hospital is one thing, but at home is a lot different. In the hospital there is really not much to do. I was going a little stir crazy. I was fortunate enough to land a contract “work at home” job that kept me busy for 3 hours a day. Again, by the grace of God, another dilemma has been fixed. I had supplemental income.

I had the occasional friend stop by, but I wanted to get up and do stuff. There are things to be done and I can not do them. UGH! I am a neat freak and the mess in the house is killing me. My husband really tried but is not a house cleaner. Lucky for me, my dear Aunt came up to help me out! With a clean house, I felt a little less anxious.

Let's fast forward. I am now 32 weeks pregnant. I can hardly believe it myself, but I have carried this baby almost to term. It really is a miracle to me. It often just feels like a really long and drawn out dream. This was not what I expected to happen when I learned I was pregnant. At last, we have made it to a safe point in case of early delivery.

I had not been removed from bed rest by the doctor, but the nesting phase has set in, so I gave myself permission to get off of bed rest. I had been a really good girl and even my doctor said it would be safe to deliver now. Looking back on this decision, it was silly. I let the bed rest get the best of me. I felt overwhelmed. I still needed to finish his room.

I had formed a daily routine now. I had to make sure the floors were swept and mopped perfectly. I made sure the carpets were vacuumed and even steam cleaned if needed. I pretty much kept the house in perfect condition. I wanted to make sure that if I went into labor, my baby was coming home to a perfect house. Pretty silly huh?

My water broke once already, so now my question is when will it break again?

I am now going to the doctor weekly. Yep, I still get anxious about the appointments, but at least I am not puking now. I don't know that I will ever feel comfortable with this part of being pregnant.

I was at 38 weeks now and visiting my doctor again. She worked with a team, so if I went into labor during non business hours I would get who ever was on call. She worked with a group of men. Enough said! This was her weekend on call and she had said to me that it would be really nice if I could go into labor this weekend. She tried a technique to start some contractions and sent me home.

I had three days to go into labor if I didn't want to take the chance of a man delivering my baby.

How ironic is this? Just a few weeks ago I was saying my prayers and on bed rest just to keep this little man inside my belly and now I am trying to get him out in a hurry!

My husband and I went to Mexican food for dinner. It was not really a craving at the time, but we asked for the HOT salsa, hoping the spicy foods would start up a few contractions.

NO LUCK!

I had been going to three walks a day. My doctor strongly encouraged this, so I was on top of it. Still...

NO LUCK!

My husband went to the drug store and got me black and blue cohosh and camomile tea. I drank so much tea I was sick. The cohosh did nothing.

We moved on to bigger and better things. I felt desperate at this time. I had only 1 day left. I opted to try the castor oil. I was a FOOL! I spent the next few hours periodically, on the toilet. (I can not believe I just shared this). It was awful and discomforting to say the least.

The last thing to try was Sex. To the bedroom!

NO LUCK!

Time is up! It is Monday morning. I did not go into labor and now there is a male doctor on duty. It is just my luck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home