This Page

has been moved to new address

A Baby Story; Before MeloMomma Was Really MeloMomma Part 11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MeloMomma: A Baby Story; Before MeloMomma Was Really MeloMomma Part 11

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Baby Story; Before MeloMomma Was Really MeloMomma Part 11


I had been pushing for so long and have had so much will power throughout this pregnancy I asked for one more try. I just knew I could get this baby out without a C section.

My doctor agreed and said I can have 3 more pushes or she will use the vacuum device on my baby. This was one of my biggest fears. The vacuum or the forceps. I had watched way to many baby 911 shows and now I felt I was living one. If she used this she also needed to call and have a pediatrician in the room. Furthermore, my baby's pediatrician was a male!

I knew the dangers of this device and I did not want a man in my room during delivery! This was the moment. I had to get him out. Without having a contraction, I pushed with all my might. I was purple in the face but I heard my doc say, “keep going the baby crowned.” This was the worst time to lose strength. It hurt so bad! Where is my epidural when I needed it? PUSH PUSH PUSH One Two Three Four Five Six Seven PUSH PUSH Eight Nine PUSH... He is out!

My doctor handed him to me immediately. He was placed on my chest where I got a good look at him and gave him his first kiss as a tear slid from my cheek to his forehead. This was a happy tear. Finally the pregnancy had brought me happy tears.

I did it! He is so beautiful! He does have a little cone shape on his head, but he is prefect! He his brown eyes like his mommy and by golly he has my nose! My baby boy is born! This moment was one that I honestly can't put into words.

Finally! After all the hardship we went through... I am holding my son! It is surreal. I feel like I am in a dream. We made it. I gave birth to a health full term baby!

Now, my son is about to turn 5 and is growing and thriving just like a 5 year old should. He is amazing! Thank you God for watching over us and Thank you MeloMomma readers for joining in on a part of my life.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Blogger MissMOE said...

Thanks for sharing---I had to go back to the beginning to make sure I didn't miss any of the story!

 
At February 17, 2011 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

:) Thank you so very much Miss MOE!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home