This Page

has been moved to new address

Jerky

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MeloMomma: Jerky

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jerky


Image courtesy of purelyusa.com
I was recently inspired by a friend who makes some delicious jerky. I though I would try my hand at it and I must say it turned out pretty yummy. I am sharing the recipe I used with you. After searching for a good recipe I was not satisfied, so I made my own. I guess I just had beginners luck. Enjoy!

3 lbs rump meat
½ cup of barbecue sauce
¼ cup of brown sugar
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
1 tbsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp liquid smoke
½ tsp pepper

  1. Cut the meat into ¼ inch slices. Blend all ingredients together. Add meat and stir well. Cover and refrigerate over night.
  2. Lay the meat on foiled racks ( a cookie sheet will work as well). Set oven to 160 degrees and prop the oven door open about two inches with a foil ball. Cook-dry meat 8-10 hours or until dry.
Note... I have children and was only able to allow the oven door to be open part of the drying time. The jerky still turned out delicious.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home